Why Masterminds Accelerate Your Success
I just got off my Mastermind call this week and was in awe . . . Many of the folks in my mastermind don't know each other but everyone is so open in sharing their vulnerabilities and pain and that helps everyone because we can usually resonate with someone else's issues and so the power and synergy of the group can't be emphasized enough!
A big part of my own mastermind is helping business owners with their money blocks so we are getting into some very personal issues and I've been so happy that everyone has been so open which means they are ready and committed to their business growth and creating wealth.
Are you in a mastermind or group of like-minded people? You are missing out if not!
I first learned of masterminds when I read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill in my early 20's. In the book, he discusses how many successful business owners and industrialists like Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Harvey Firestone, William Burroughs. etc, participated in masterminds to help grow their businesses.
Masterminds are powerful because of the synergy of the group and the principles of the Law of Association.
I was well aware of the Law of Association, which basically says that you become like the people you hang out with. I had read enough self-help books over the course of several decades to know that I needed to surround myself with the right people and STAY AWAY FROM THE "AIN'T IT AWFUL CLUB" as Jack Canfield says in his awesome book, The Success Principles.
Masterminds have been invaluable to me. Most recently when I decided it was "make it or break it" time for me, I invested in two masterminds that have made all the difference to me . . . and by the way, the amount I invested would have bought a house here in Pittsburgh. . . But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Here's why:
- I WAS SURROUNDED BY SUPER SUCCESSFUL, HIGH QUALITY PEOPLE who have exposed me to even more
- I LEARNED FROM THE BEST OF THE BEST in many areas such as client attraction, marketing, sales, creating programs, live events, etc.
- I MADE FRIENDS (and business partners) for life
- IT FORCED ME TO "UP MY GAME" AND CONTINUE TO WORK ON "MY STUFF"
- I WAS WITH PEOPLE WHO "GOT ME." If you don't surround yourself with people who respond to your light, your light will start to dim. Think about the people in your life - You can probably tell who is responsive to your light and who isn't.
- I WASN'T SO ISOLATED - It can be isolating building your own business, especially if you are coach, consultant or someone who works from the comfort of your own home. Our culture is becoming so isolated anyway so add to that the isolation of being by yourself all day long and you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, my worst day in my business is still better than the best day at my corporate gig but if you like to be around people (at least some of the time) like I do, then these types of groups are invaluable.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JOINING A MASTERMIND:
- SEARCH FOR A GROUP WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE whose vision you share
- FOCUS ON YOUR CONTRIBUTION Share your talent and expertise with the group without concerning yourself on what you are going to "get" out of it
- CONSIDER YOUR INVESTMENT AS ENERGY - Understand that any investment that feels in alignment with your life purpose is usually a good investment that will not only come back to you but will pay dividends down the road. Remember, money is energy so make financial decisions based on whether it is in support of your soul's purpose instead of from a place of lack or scarcity. And a good mastermind will help you process your fears around money and time.
I hope that this has been helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions on masterminds in general or my experience with them.
About the Author
Kimberly Adams is a Business and Wealth Coach, Speaker and Author. She has the unique combination of having spent decades in both the tax and financial world as well as decades devoted to personal growth and transformation with many certifications in coaching, speaking and energy healing